01 February, 2006

Don't push your luck!

I know that it's horribly unfashionable but I'm about as superstitious as they come. I know that if I test the powers that be by even thinking "Gee, the kids haven't been sick in a while" or "Our stocks haven't lost any ground this year!" that retribution will be swift, fierce and merciless.

Shock and awe, baby!

So this weekend when M gleefully announced "Wow, we've never had a minute of trouble with the PT!" I could already feel the thunderbolt building. And sure enough, this morning, our trouble-free car suddenly had an electrical problem.

M is in Berlin. His car is parked at the airport. It's -1 outside. And of course we were running late. I don't even know why I was surprised, it's all just par for the course.

Drove the kids at a geriatric snail's pace to school. I have now successfully aggravated half the population of Perk, who were all lined up behind me getting their upperware in a twist.

When I got home I rebooted the car and it suddenly it worked fine. Go figure. I'm thinking it's a sign.

My optimistic side is now counting blessings and is thankful that I actually made it to school and back. And the baser side of me is already shopping for a cattle prod to help remind M not to push his luck next time...

No comments: