12 February, 2006

Exploding garbage trucks and live cat toys

Dreary weekend. The weather is crappy and M is working a lot. Am trying to pull myself out of this funk but can feel it settling into my bones...

In spite of it all I had to laugh this afternoon. We were putting new batteries into B's remote control car and he warned me not to throw the old batteries into the garbage. I agreed, but luckily I asked what his reasons were: he said that if we turned on the toy the garbage truck would explode!

And had a chuckle earlier this week when I visited our pet food store. They've moved their expansive selection of cat toys over to the wall next to the parakeets and finches. What is the marketing strategy behind this brilliant endeavor? There's no question as to which I'd find more interesting if I were a cat...

No comments: