24 February, 2006

Showdown at the OK corral

Am in the office and the big boss just came in. (The one who likes to steal surreptitious glances at my breasts when he thinks I'm not looking.) We're the only ones here and I've made a pot of coffee and he's such a despot-- I know he's expecting me to bring him a cup as well when I get mine.

and I'll be damned if I'm going to grant his nasty misogynist wishes!

I suppose I could just go pour myself a cup; but there's a big chance he'll ask me to bring him one too and then I'd have to seriously hurt him and would probably end up being arrested and sharing a roach-infested cell with a psychotic inmate before being paroled 6 years later, just a skitterish version of my current righteous self.

I'm thinking the passive-aggressive route is probably the best one to take this morning.

So here we both sit, smelling coffee and I'll bet he's drooling as much as I am. It's down to a battle of wills and I'm determined to win even if it means falling off my chair and lapsing into a caffeine-withdrawal coma...

6 comments:

africakidandtheworld said...

Is there a chance you could accidentally spill it down his shirt as you handed your boss the coffee? (nah--probably too risky...)

Betsy said...

You know, he's just so awful I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to stop there and might break the coffee cup over his head as well... ;-)

Unknown said...

Who won?

Betsy said...

I did. J finally came in and got the coffee. She's still got to worry about keeping her job there so I suppose we could look at it as in investment... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I often stare at my wife’s chest – even when she is looking. Sometimes she gets me coffee too. I should really think about how I treat her.

Betsy said...

Yes, but do you leer while you do it!?

Any would you fire her if she told you to put a sock in it?

Somehow I'm thinking the balance of power is different in your house than at my office. Or at least I'm hoping it is...