03 February, 2006

Almost famous! (NOT!)

So CH got me on TV. sort of. She sent a reporter and cameraman over to our office yesterday to interview us about the Blogathon. Although I didn't practice any lines or facial expressions beforehand I did remember to brush my teeth, which was a breakthrough.

So the reporter came in, spoke to J about the preparations and did a short interview in the office kitchen. Then she tells J that she wants a shot of me and could she please walk up to me and hand me some papers.

So there I am pretending to do something productive with C. Pretending that I am not on the verge of launching a career as a reporter for the BBC. Pretending that I'm not already planning what I'm going to say on Nightline when they interview me about my downward spiral and the aftereffects of life in the limelight.

And suddenly J walks around the corner, and the camera is rolling, and I freeze. Yes, like a deer in the headlights. Like Liza Minelli in those horrifying pictures that were taken after she married that corpse a couple of years ago.

I haven't even seen the footage yet, but think we can safely assume that it will be in good company on the cutting room floor. I guess it's a good thing I've got my degree or I would now be forcing S and B to help me draw up "Will work for food" banners...

No comments: