13 February, 2006

The quest for the perfect valentine's day gift

Valentine's day is coming and I'm determined to do something special this year. Which basically means not forgetting it altogether as I have been known to do in the past. Neither M nor I are big on commercialized holidays and we are woefully inept when it comes to traditional romantic expressions of our undying love for each other.

So this morning I took to the net in search of inspiration for a fitting gift for my special someone. And I found lots of inspiration, all right. The kind that makes one want to beat one's head against a wall rather than continue sifting through sappy, cliché expressions of everlasting luv.

Some of the more creative ones included:
  • A set of Hamster Hearts coasters produced either by a cooperative of 3 year olds or a PhotoShop savvy hamster.
  • This stunningly tasteful trinket
  • A unique bean message-- I'm thinking someone in the greenhouse is thiiiiiiis close to snapping
  • A valentine shaped spud. Nothing says LOVE like a tuberous root vegetable! Yes, this is a real potato. Which would be clearer if the seller could actually spell it correctly!
  • A springy "be mine!" hat. If I can actually convince my husband to wear this I won't have to worry about him having to fend off any (other) female admirers.
Just to let you know I'll be bidding on all of these. This post is just my way of staking out my territory early. So don't even think about buying them-- go find your own romantic bargains!

No comments: