27 February, 2006

Welcome to my Blog Ness Monster!

Allow me to introduce you to my rapidly growing blogging habit: my very own Blog Ness Monster. Like the stuff of other legends she started out small, little more than a tadpole, really. But over the last few months she's developed a life of her own.

Oh she's elusive, all right. Many's the hour that I forget her existence, but then something funny will happen and I'll sense her long neck craning over my shoulder to get a better view. My kids love her! (But then again, what kid doesn't love a good allegory?!)

My husband is less charmed-- after all, Nessie is growing steadily and she does demand a lot of attention. But then again, so do the kids, so I'm thinking that if she can be reined in a bit that she'll ultimately win him over.

When I'm not indulging in the care and feeding of Nessie I'm tending to my other pet projects: my two sons, my husband and my dog. We're most frequently spotted around Brussels, although rumor has it that we will soon be exchanging this habitat for the rolling hills of southern Germany.

So that's Nessie in a nutshell. Elusive. Enigmatic. I just hope she's not dangerous! (And that she's not planning on breeding anytime soon!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bets! You've been busy! I really like this one!

Anonymous said...

That is just plain cool. Throw in a CIA cover-up angle and this will be my favorite site on the web.

africakidandtheworld said...

Nice new look! Yeah, it's that attention-grabbing part that's risky...my family would agree. Just feed her less??

Betsy said...

But she's so HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNGRYYYYY! ;-)

Michelle James said...

Hi Betsy!

I hope you don't mind me getting in touch. I found your details on your website while looking for expat blogs and I hope you might be able to help me with my rather strange request?!

I am a Producer working on a television show called House Hunters International which follows English speaking expats in their quest to move abroad. I wonder if you or any of your expat contacts might be interested in getting involved?! Please find a little blurb about the show below:

House Hunters International is a half-hour program currently airing on the Home and Garden Television Network (HGTV) in America. The series is designed to de-mystify the international home-buying process by going behind the scenes of a house hunt where expats and their real estate agents tour 3 homes. At its core, House Hunters International is a travel show concentrating on the idiosyncrasies of the locales and what makes them special and different.

You can watch some examples of the show here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh0Q6DYe3QM - London from South Africa (1600 series)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLmhKEzm5kg - Dubai from Illinois (2000 series)

Please get in touch if you have any more questions about the show. I look forward to hearing from you!

Best wishes and many thanks,

Michelle



Michelle James
CASTING PRODUCER LEOPARD FILMS
1-3 St Peter's Street, London N1 8JD - +44 20 7704 3300
michelle.james@leopardfilms.com
www.leopardfilms.com