15 February, 2006

New skin!

So as you can see I've been busy! I've been working like a woman possessed this morning. I love graphic design and it's really been bothering me that I've been using one of Blogger's standard templates. It was nice to have a basic website until I got up and running but I figured it was time to make my mark on the aesthetics of this site.

Plus, most of the designs I do for clients have to be sober and conservative. It's been fun to play with a splash of color!

I have always loved Peter Max's artwork-- had a couple of his picture books as a kid and remember savoring every image.

Happened to be in St. Petersburg back in 1991 when he had a big exposition there. According to his website it "drew the largest turnout for any artist in Russian history"! It was one of those serendipitous finds-- absolutely thrilling!

Feel free to leave me feedback on colors / layout / etc. This is a work in progress!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! what a change! It's nice to see a new design in the blogosphere; after a while all these sites start to look the same!

dy

Anonymous said...

Peter Max! God, I haven't thought about his stuff for so long! psychadelic 60s comes back to life. fun!

mj

Anonymous said...

I do think the green might become a little too bright after a while of reading, like when I catch up after being away from online for a week. But thats just me. I tend to prefer pastels anyways. Other than that, I would like to compare your humorous tales of your boys to reading Erma Bombeck. You should publish some of their adventures. My family just died aobut the magnets! Keep up the great work! -a constant reader from California, USA

Anonymous said...

first glance- great, vivid, fun. But last poster had a point about the brightness factor. Maybe play around with bg's? What else is in your palette? toch wel leuk, hoor! :-)

Betsy said...

Thanks for the honest critique! :-) Like I said, work in progress. It's not always easy to see the forest for the trees.

This whole thing will probably change drastically over the next couple of days. Lots of ideas...

Anonymous said...

Bets, I like this one better but check your tags at the end. Something's wrong after your counters...