07 September, 2006

Hello from down here on the floor...

The past couple of days I've been knocked flat by a virus. And I think it was driving a bus. Have that achey/ headachey/ spacey feeling and yesterday at one point I was actually seeing stars! I keep taking my temperature, figuring I'll have an impressive reading to show for my misery, but it keeps coming up normal. go figure.

And the weird thing is that something about feeling so rotten is making me morbid-- yesterday evening I was convinced that I'd poisoned the boys with some undercooked chicken, and last night I kept dreaming that I was pulling stingray barbs out of my chest. That and I've been dwelling on the anniversary of Max's death, which is coming up and lurks as an ominous shadow in the dusty recesses of my subconscious.

M took over household chores and brought the boys to school so that I could sleep in today. I'm just back from our morning commute, drinking a fruit smoothie and then I think I'm going to go back to bed... Let's hope that this time those damned stingrays leave me alone!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe you have the cousin of my bug? Mine's a tummy bug, though... finally went to the pharmacy today for something that I hope works very soon and very fast (speaks as spasms twist my gut).

Anonymous said...

Not another one! This flu is really making its way around. My family has had it for a little over a month and my husband tells me his office is sparsely populated these days. Hope you feel better very soon.

christina said...

Ughh. Yep, another one bites the dust. Poor you. I've been feeling like I'm about to get something, but it never amounts to anything. Don't know if that's good or bad.

Take it easy and feel better really soon, you hear?