03 September, 2006

Apparently following world politics when not in kindergarten

I was listening to a piece on NPR about a proposal to grant China and other developing countries more electoral power within the IMF. B, who was sitting next to me suddenly started boiling over!

"Did you HEAR that S?!" he shouted with the pure indignation only a 4 year old can muster. "They said China's getting more power! TOTAL NONSENSE!!!"

I tried to explain the IMF and voting power but he waved it off as RIDICULOUS! and ended the discussion right there.

Am still not sure if he was outraged for or against the Chinese situation. For all I know he's upstairs right now composing a nasty letter to the editor.

Neither M nor I follow politics so this has come completely out of left field. Very strange...

No comments: