08 September, 2006

Virus 0, Betsy 1

Woke up clearheaded and ache-free. Just got back from a hike-- hit the ground running. literally. Sprinted about 1/3 of it, crashing heedlessly through the brush. Only stopped when my legs turned to spaghetti and my heart threatened to rocket out of my chest. D was bounding back and forth, drunk on freedom after several days of confinement.

Today I ignored the birds and crickets. Brought my iPod along and relished Godsmack at borderline dangerous levels.

Am I the only person over 22 1/2 who likes these guys? The lead singer is of questionable character and their lyrics are shallower than an inflatable toddler pool, but I really like their sound. I'm playing / replaying their acoustic album, though, so I figure I can call myself a "sophisticated listener". ;-)

Am off to the grocery store so that I can cook some REAL food this evening.

It's good to be back...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bets! Glad to see you're feeling better!

I like Godsmack! Especially Other Side. Is that the one you're listening too? I don't think it's a good idea to admit this in civilized company, though... ;-)

Chloe

Carol said...

Glad you're all better! It's definitely that UP spirit of yours!

Carol