05 October, 2006

A ray of light

S came out of school smiling this afternoon! He'd apparently had a good day-- and had even finished his math worksheet so fast that it caught Gorilla Woman by surprise. She came over and started kvetching:

S! STOP DAYDREAMING AND... Oh! You're finished? Well, very good then.

I know we're not out of the woods yet, but it's nice that something positive has happened and has given his confidence a boost.

The sun is finally out again and I had some good luck this morning running errands. S is almost finished with his homework so we're going to go try out an English-language playgroup that meets in Stuttgart. I'm feeling optimistic and happy for the first time in a while! :-)

Have a nice afternoon, everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad things are turning around for you. Knew they would. Maybe Gorilla Woman will morf into a real person now... crb

Anonymous said...

...shades of Savannah McCall...whom we had to deal with for two %*@#ing years in a row.

She will never know how close she came to paying for her crimes against children - and one child, in particular...

MGB

Carol said...

So glad things are looking up for you and for S, Betsy!

I don't know why your post reminded me of this, but my German parents tried to "convince" my older left-handed brother to be right-handed when he was in kindergarten! GRRRRR!

And, funny thing -- I just posted about left-brainedness vs (OK, not "vs"... how about "and") right-brainedness at Microsoft! http://northwestladybug.blogspot.com/

Carol