16 October, 2006

Like herding a group of cats...

Whew! Just got back from a field trip with 27 energetic 2nd graders! (and their teacher. I guess it's time to retire the nasty nickname I gave her. I'm not normally nasty anyway and she's got a couple of kids in the class who are a real handful. I still think it's wrong for a teacher to scream at her pupils (or their parents!) but can imagine that a few of those boys would bring just about anyone to the end of their tether!)

We did a walking tour of the village-- visited a local schloss, a graveyard, a couple of fountains and a monument to those killed in World War I. It was a really nice way to get to know "downtown" better.

Fall has burst onto the scene and the parks and front yards are drenched in gold and crimson. The sun is shining and the sky is an unreal shade of blue. Had more than one moment when I wished I'd brought a camera!

The boys have gone down the street to watch a couple of big Caterpillar loaders prepare the earth for a house that will be built soon. I'm going to take advantage of these few quiet moments to sit in the sun and drink a coffee. Care to join me? :-)

3 comments:

Carol said...

Yes! Wouldn't it be fun to have a chance to have "a coffee and a conversation" with our blogger friends?!

Carol

Betsy said...

I'd love it! I'm getting to know some of your blogging personalities pretty well while following along with your adventures. It would be fun to meet you in person and see how the "real" you compares to the "virtual" you...

Anonymous said...

OOOOOO, a truly original cyber-kaffe klatsch, that sounds BRILLIANT. Count me in !!!
"Seneca"