21 May, 2006

Wir lernen Deutsch

The kids have been actively rebelling against their German lessons. Can't say I blame them-- it's the one small thing they still have any real control over. I'd probably do the same.

They behave just fine if the teacher is here but don't want to work on it with me during the rest of the week. Which is fine-- I'm just not going to push it. They'll learn it when we get there.

Have done a couple of searches lately to try and find some multimedia lessons that might suppliment what we're doing in a more entertaining way-- and found a really fantastic site: MyGermanClass.com.

There are about 10 lessons available and they're hilarious! Very bizarre, and the grammar and vocabulary seems to "stick" just due to the sheer absurdity of the script and situations!

Found out that the creator, Clark Shah-Nelson has a Vlog called ZipZapZop featuring his alterego Clark ov Saturn. Have really been having fun mining it this weekend. Lots of great clips, music and wacky humor.

And as a weird serendipitous footnote, he seems to be somehow linked with Gil Fronsdal, whose lectures I've been avidly podcasting for a couple of months now. I knew there was a reason I liked this guy!

1 comment:

Clark ov Saturn said...

hooray! Glad to find this, and thanks... More to trickle in, eventually... tschüs! clark