29 May, 2006

I should have found her a feather

"Umm, Bets, have you noticed the shape of the dog today?" M asked me Friday with a bemused smile.

To be honest I'd been too busy to pay her much mind, but I called her over and was horrified. Our normally wasp-waisted sleek and slender D looked like she'd swallowed a basketball. (with the basketballer still attached)

She reminded me of that video that's been circulating around the net of the python that swallowed the baby hippopotamus!

Turns out she'd snuck down into the basement and had hijacked a bag of dogfood. She ate more than a kilo worth of dry food in one go! That's 3 1/2 days worth of food, people!

And she looked pretty unhappy! It's taken her until today to digest it all. I've closed up the sack and might even move it into another part of the garage. Or maybe I could just put that faux poop down there just to scare her off!

No comments: