22 May, 2006

And many moooooorrrrrrrreeeeee...

Am thankfully more than halfway through what I think can safely be called the shittiest birthday on record.

M left for Stuttgart at 7am so I was already feeling morose and lonely. Someone came to look at the house at 2 so I spent the morning cleaning, mopping and generally feeling sorry for myself.

My parents-in-law called to sing to me and convinced me to go buy myself a birthday present. Hopped in my car and was about 2km from home when a branch fell out of a tree and destroyed my windshield. Luckily it didn't break through, but it was pretty shocking just the same.

Am now celebrating further by looking after my neighbor's kids. Which is normally fine but they're unusually rowdy today and are running around the house screaming like maniacs.

Plan to top off the evening with a couple of loads of laundry and German homework. Somebody please tell me life's going to get better....

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I like to think that I am grown up enough to not expect something special on my birthday. But there's the little four year old inside of me that really wants the world to stop, a surprise party, and a cake with lots of frosting flowers.

Happy Birthday! May your day give you a little bit of magic now and then.

christina said...

Awww, Happy Belated Birthday anyway. What a day. Mine's on Thursday, which is also Ascension Day and Father's Day in Germany so we'll see if anyone remembers.:-)