07 January, 2006

Too bad hospitals don't have frequent flyer programs!

Spent the afternoon at the hospital again-- B got sent to Vilvoorde for chest xrays and a blood workup. He's still acting pretty normal, but is very pale and is on his 5th day of high fever and cough, which obviously isn't good.

They think he's got something called mycoplasma, which is a form of walking pneumonia. We should get the results of his blood test back on Monday. For now he's got some antibiotics, cough syrup and, of course, good old Ibuprofen.

As luck would have it he's extremely contageous. So if you've been reading my blog regularly you've probably been exposed... Don't say I didn't warn you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy!(as I say whilst crunching on vitamin C tablets...) Well, you would be happy to know, Bets, that I am having a steaming bowl of homemade blackbean chilli. I'll send B all my healthy nutritional positive vibeage that I can.

L.

Betsy said...

Oh, now you've made my mouth water! I LOVE your chili! Want some! NOW!