25 January, 2006

Cocooning...

Today is my day off and I took it easy, trying to pull myself out of this funk. Puttered around the house, drank a lot of tea and took a nice run with D out in the fields near my house. It makes me happy to see her joyful leaps and stunts when she's finally set free.

The weather was cold and clear and felt great. Got back, walked in the door and was shocked to look out the window less than a minute later to see big, feathery snowflakes coming down. Very surreal, almost like I'd just left a parallel universe.

Climbed into bed with a book while the boys had their "quiet time"; was startled awake an hour later with two beasties and a growing population of stuffed animals under the covers. Got some sweaty whirlwind hugs and wet kisses, which was more theraputic than one might think.

I'm starting to wonder if this laptop purchase was such a good idea. In the pre-laptop era I had to limit my online addiction because I actually had to sit in the cold study to surf.

Those days are gone and I can feel my habit starting to spin out of control-- it's become too easy to get waylaid by emails and blogs and answering random questions that pop into my head.

I wonder if there's an Internetters Anonymous program out there somewhere?

No comments: