20 January, 2006

I should take up kickboxing

I'm feeling really stressed out this week-- just this vague, uneasy sense of pressure without any real direct cause. Of course it could be due to the Spring Day launch, or the Blogathon I'm helping organize for Insafe, or the move, or any other number of things. Suffice it to say I'm cranky.

Missed my train yesterday for the second time this week which meant the kids landed in after-school daycare and they were really cranky about it when we got home.

Barely caught the next train out and realized only after getting on that my pass had expired. Was too distracted / stressed to actively go find the conductor, so when he came around I explained the situation and asked if I could buy a ticket from him.

Of course he had to weld his god-given authority with the Belgian railways and did his best to make the situation embarrassing. Sold me the damned ticket, but only after a bellowing lecture and a big, nasty fine of EUR 2.50. I tell ya, it put the fear of God in me... ;-)

I just get in to work and the director asked my breasts to go get him a cup of coffee. In my mind I'm karate-chopping him in the throat right now, even as I type this...

No comments: