22 March, 2006

Not exactly "My First Reader" material

OK, so as usual I am my own paradox. The last post was about meditation and mindfulness, this one is about a gory pulp novel I'm reading. Go figure.

The sun was shining and the kids and I went to hang out in the yard to soak up the warmth and putter around. While they were playing I sat on the front steps and took a few minutes break to read a Patricia Cornwall novel-- I don't usually like detective stories, but have been in the mood for something fast-paced and light.

S still isn't feeling 100% and has been very clingy. At one point he came over and snuggled up in my lap. I was sitting there with my thoughts turned inward, enjoying the warmth of the sun and the weight of his small body when I suddenly became aware of his voice as he started reading without hesitation:

"Blood seeps from the gaping wound on her left knee..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HaHaHa! That kid is getting dangerous!

africakidandtheworld said...

Just so he doesn't try duplicating that on his brother's left knee...