20 March, 2006

Dr. Jekyll back to set the record straight

Obviously I realize that at four B has no clue how offensive he was being. He was just mimicking something he's heard at school and in the big picture this is no worse than his thug impersonation a few months ago.

I sent him upstairs, took away dessert and somehow managed to stay sane enough to explain that his behavior was unacceptable.

It was so difficult to remain calm, especially after having such a crappy day-- I'm still adjusting to life without M around to act as relief pitcher when I need to step back and take a break.

I'm sure I'll probably laugh about the whole incident later but have to admit that the old head explosion scenario seemed like the most natural reaction at the time. I'm doing my best to keep the hot lava eruptions to a minimum, but it's not always easy...

No comments: