03 March, 2006

Living life on the edge

Synapses aren't all firing together this morning-- CH and I went out to the movies last night and I got to bed well past my normal 10pm curfew. It's pretty pathetic that I'm feeling this tired-- I am not aging gracefully, people!

Had fun last night, though. M is out of town and the kids are visiting their grandparents so I actually had an evening to myself! An evening in which I eschewed laundry, strength training, dishes and pointless surfing to actually go out for a night on the town! (Or at least dinner and a movie, anyway.)

We saw Brokeback Mountain, and I can't stop thinking about it, which is ironic since I initially dismissed it as an enjoyable but unsubstantial movie. I actually lay awake for about an hour after going to bed last night. My mind was restless and I just couldn't shake the overwhelming sadness of their situation; thinking about how hopeless Ennis' existence had become-- "if ya don't got nothin' ya don't need nothin'". It really got to me.

So I'm wiped out today and I've just dragged my red-headed cartoon version of myself into the office. And judging by the frightened expressions on my colleagues faces I've come to the conclusion that this is not a good look for me. Depending on how motivated I am feeling later I might go back and ask that the colorist add an auburn rinse or something to make my hair look more hair-like...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could use your super powers to trap the colorist in a forcefield afterwards. Wouldn't it be funny to hear him shout "Curses, foiled again!"