06 March, 2006

Brand new theory of evolution

S is fascinated with numbers lately. He is nonstop busy adding, subtracting, multiplying and even figuring out square roots. This afternoon he brought me the calculator and asked me to help him figure out how many seconds his great grandmother has been alive. (2,995,920,000!)

Then he said that St. Nikolaas is 298 years old and asked me how many seconds he's lived. (9,397,728,000)

He was genuinely impressed and then informed me that the good Saint started off life as a monkey. ???

Why? Because he's so old, and don't I remember what I'd said about people being descendants of apes?

Somewhere Darwin is rolling over in his grave to beat his head against the inside of the coffin...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mercy!!!!

My wife doesn't look or act 2,995,920,000 seconds old!