24 January, 2007

6+ ultra cool things about Betsy

Uh oh. I've been tagged. Astrid has asked me to post 6 extremely cool facts about myself. Actually I think the term she used was "wierd" but I'm thinking that these eccentricities help keep me on the cutting edge of cool! Want to know why?

1. My normal body temperature is 36.5 C (97.7 F), which is a half degree lower than a human should be. According to Goldennumber.com this is a healthy temperature for elephants.

2. I eat all kinds of really weird things. I actually enjoy brown bread. and carrot sticks. and oatmeal. My mouth starts to water when I think of tangerines or tomatoes.

3. I grew up in Florida, so the I reached the ripe old age of 22 1/2 before I ever saw snow! Which is when I moved to Moscow. (I'm telling you, when I do something I do it RIGHT!)

4. I don't burp. I mean I physically cannot do it. Which put a huge dent in my social skills in grade school. My biggest hero could burp almost the whole alphabet without stopping, and I was stuck gagging at A. I think it's left me with some deep-seated emotional trauma that I need to work through.

5. I look for excuses to read Dr. Suess books out loud to my children. I do it even when they're lying on the floor beating the carpet with their fists and are begging me to stop. Which means I'm continuing a tradition I started with my dad when I was six. I think that to this day he gets facial tics when he thinks about Green Eggs and Ham.

6. S and B have asked me to tell you that I eat cockroaches. Not that this is true, mind you, but they think that would be a cool way to end out this weird list.

*7. And an extra special bonus "Ultra Kool Factoid about Betsy": CC said I should add that one time I actually hung out with Snap back in the day. Never mind that they were the most obnoxious bunch of people I've ever met. How many people can say they've met the "lyrical Jesse James"??!! So to end this list off on an ultra kool note:


So now it's time to pass on the torch! Lisa, Ellen and Laurie- YOU'RE IT! Please tell us six wierd things about yourselves!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. S-S-S-Suess! Did s-s-s-someone blog S-S-S-Suess? With the help of my new therapist, I had just managed to stop dreaming about Sam and technicolor breakfast material - even the night sweats had stopped.

Mom will mail you the sanitarium's address once I am checked in...cards would be nice...

Tic, tic
Dad

Anonymous said...

I will ponder this and see if I can come up with six. Hmmmm... :)

Unknown said...

Hey, no fair, when I got tagged last month (http://snugpug.blogspot.com/2006/12/six-weird-things.html), it was six weird things and not ultra cool things.

You see how it is with delurking? You slide down the slippery path of jumping in with your comment.

R. Duckie said...

Wow, you sound like you're part amphibian! :) BTW I (heart) Dr Seuss!

africakidandtheworld said...

I would quiz my family, but I'd probably be mortified to blog on whatever they considered to be my six weirdest habits...
*thinking, thinking*

Carol said...

I can't burp either!! My kids DEFINITELY can, but I can't. I tried drinking a can of Coke (fast) and running around and still -- NO BURP!

Carol

Carol said...

I can't burp either!! My kids DEFINITELY can, but I can't. I tried drinking a can of Coke (fast) and running around and still -- NO BURP!

Carol