19 February, 2007

Food, glorious food...

Oma and Opa are in town this weekend and stayed with the kids on Saturday so that M and I could go out.

When planning dinner Oma asked S what he would like to eat. He thought a bit and piped up excitedly:

How 'bout a big salad! With tuna and cucumbers. And carrots!

And with each new ingredient he named he got more excited. M shot me one of his usual "are you turning our children into space aliens?!" looks.

Maybe it's a good thing he doesn't know I told S and B last week that they would probably go blind if they drank undiluted apple juice...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You didn't really tell them that, did you?!

Betsy said...

Yeah, I did, actually. :-)

I always dilute their apple juice, and S asked me what would happen if they drank it straight. So I told him I didn't know, but that he'd probably go blind, so we shouldn't try it.

He knew I was joking right away, but B might not have. His eyes got really wide and I had to give him a big stage wink to make sure he was in on it too...

africakidandtheworld said...

Are you sure you didn't mean undiluted moonshine? I've heard you can make it from apple juice. Never tried it...don't think I will either. The homebrewed fruit schnapps here in Germany have enough kick (a friend of Jeff's gave us a bottle and it was like drinking straight alcohol--ugh).