13 February, 2007

Bethany and Rufus

Sarah wrote a post asking for suggestions for folk music. Some folk music really speaks to me, especially if the artist gives traditional songs a new twist. I suggested that she do a search on NPR.org-- they do reviews on a lot of different kinds of music and provide sample clips. I've stumbled across some very interesting new artists by listening to pieces on "All Things Considered".

So I got curious, and decided to follow my own advice-- did a search on "folk music" on NPR just to see what it pulled up. And found an absolutely amazing group: Bethany and Rufus. She sings, he plays the cello-- and before you start snickering and writing me off as a looney you've got to have a listen. They are dark and gritty and I'm completely hooked.

Here's a video for 900 miles.

2 comments:

Astrid said...

Cool! I'm not a folk music fan really (more into the Arctic Monkeys and Faith No More) but Bethany and Rufus' 900 miles had a cool sound!!

Please share more of your musical finds!!

Anonymous said...

I love this! Thanks!