20 November, 2006

We played hooky on Sunday!

Not much time to blog today but wanted to post a couple of pictures of our roadtrip this weekend. We had no plans on Sunday and the weather was beautiful so we dropped everything and jumped in the car and drove down to Bayern to visit a castle called Neuschwanstein. The area is beautiful and the castle is amazing!

It was even warm enough that we had a picnic lunch and then ran around and played tag afterwards in a pasture until we nearly threw up our sandwiches!

Got to tour the inside of the castle and then topped off the afternoon with a quick hike on the grounds. Had a fabulous day!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a poster of that castle on my wall when I was in High School! Thanks for the pick-me-up today, Bets!

L

Carol said...

Ya know, it looks so kitch in all those glossy travel posters, but up close... oh man! Beautiful!

Glad you had so much fun. Love the pics!

Carol

Astrid said...

I think that's the castle I had pictured on a 1000 pieces jigsaw puzzle years ago...

Goofball said...

Great castle isn't it? So fairy tail like! I've been there too as a 6-year old. I remember being really impressed with the dining table being lowered to the kitchen below the dining room in order to be dressed and then being lifted up again.

And yes I did have a jigsaw puzzle of it later on as well!

Anonymous said...

Poor Ludwig. He was a nutter, but in such a delicious way.