21 November, 2006

Today in numbers

5: a.) amount of hours I spent in German class and doing homework afterwards.
b.) the number of dustpans full of doghair I hurriedly swept up before the landlord arrived to inspect an electrical problem.
c.) the number of places that gum was transferred to our tile floors from the bottom of someone's shoe. (Also had to be magically removed before said landlord's arrival.)

4: the hour at which M had to be up this morning to drive to Belgium to sign the final papers for our house.

3: number of hours that I ended up "helping" S with his homework.

2: the amount of slices of buttered toast I fed my children this evening (along with corn and pineapple slices) in lieu of a real supper

1: a.) number of fully-functioning braincells that I've got left this evening.
b.) number of minutes before I shut this down and go plop down on the couch with a glass of Absolut.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

6. The number of times I've tried to call you over the last couple of days. Your phone line seems to be broken again.

Chloe

Carol said...

At least once. The amount of times per day that I look to see what's new in your life! :-)

Carol

Anonymous said...

Oooo... the corn, toast and pineapple slices sound like a good idea. :)