30 November, 2005

Stacking the wood

Was having a terrible day at work yesterday. Felt my blood pressure rising and escaped with a colleague for a cup of coffee. Had to laugh when he quipped: "In this job we should be putting out fires, not stacking up wood all around us!" Too true!

The sad thing is that I really like what I do! Or at least the webmastering side of it. But the chaos and politics in the office make it very stressful most days.

CH keeps telling me to make a mad dash before I get to the point that I need electroshock therapy. (and this is almost always written in capital letters with lots of exclamation points.) I'm definitely searching the jobsearch sites and have seen some interesting full-time positions, but nothing part-time yet.

I'm always surprised about this-- Belgium is so well organized on all the social fronts-- I would expect there to be more part-time or jobshare positions available.

We seem to be coming to a crucial moment in negotiations with M's job anyway. (How many times have I said that so far?) If we finally can make a decision and end up staying here I think I'll be a lot more motivated to surf the want ads. And if we end up moving I'll have a whole new set of challenges to blog about... ;-)

No comments: