19 November, 2005

So far gone I'm not even aware of the dementia...

I've been following a few different blogs recently. Two of the better ones are and , which are apparently extremely popular. They are wry and funny, but the common thread that connects them is a disillusionment with motherhood and life in general.

I can definitely appreciate their humor, but I have a hard time identifying with the idea that family life is unequivocally depressing and undermines any chance we have at sanity.

Every now and then I have days that I'd like to fake my own death, but I'm basically pretty happy with my situation. I don't think my mental state has deteriorated at all.

But then again, maybe I'm in denial. After all, I actually let someone warm his feet on my cup of coffee this morning while I was slumped on the couch and didn't give it a second thought until now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay at home moms don’t get enough respect these days. Not from others, and it seems not from themselves either in many cases.

I saw an interview with a lady who wrote a book about how not to become a disillusioned stay at home Mom. She seemed great in the interview and the book seemed like it had some good ideas. Of course I don’t remember the name of the lady or the book, but the point is that I once knew something that could have some bearing on what you are talking about but I don’t know it now so my comment is mostly useless.

You are doing a wonderful thing and the sacrifices you are making now will turn into strength and morality in your children. Keep up the good work and the positive attitude!

Anonymous said...

You're about to hit me up for money, aren't you? ;-)