04 November, 2005

"Exhausted" breakfast

I asked B what flavor yoghurt he wanted with his breakfast and he said exhausted fruit. I'm sure he meant to say "exotic", but I had to laugh because it really characterized the atmosphere in the bungalow this morning as we were packing and getting ready to check out.

The weather was beautiful yesterday and we broke out of quarantine to take a long theraputic walk in the woods. The leaves are turning and the skies were a gorgeous shade of clear blue. What a relief to get some fresh air and exercise!

I guess it's not just the chickens that are spawning new viruses-- my iPod seems to have come down with some sort of strange ailment. The last few days it's been skipping through playlists and it ignores certain songs while playing others.

I don't know why, but it bothers me that it blocks songs from Junkie XL right along with those of Journey! I mean, really, if you're going censor music it should at least follow some sort of rules of taste; this is completely indiscriminant!

I can't believe that I'm admitting in a public forum that I actually have anything by Journey on a playlist! I guess I could try and play it off as one of the dangers of drinking and downloading, but then I would have to clear the playcount... ;-)

OK, I guess I'd better close this. I'm supposed to be unpacking right now and have escaped to the refuge of blog. Keep hoping that if I hide for long enough Rumplestiltskin will take care of some of the housework that has been piling up over the last week...

No comments: