18 October, 2005

Semi-permanent resident of limbo

How does one keep little people busy at a birthday party? Put on some really loud house music and let them DANCE! (Or rather run.) We laughed so hard on Saturday-- the boys were racing around like maniacs stopping once every lap to do some interpretive street dance moves. Very entertaining...

M had an interview with another major car company here in Brussels yesterday. In general it went well, but he's realizing that nothing he finds here will even come close to the excitement he's experiencing in his job now. He's running the office here and stands a chance at making another step up if we agree to move. Because this position is so new he'd have to be satisfied with a lateral move in another company or even a step down. This would be difficult after sampling a generous dose of autonomy.

I love the fact that he's enjoying his current job so much-- I can see him growing both professionally and personally because of the added responsibility. And I would be open for a move under the right conditions, but as I've mentioned before, schooling really worries me.

I feel like we're playing that old daisy-plucking game-- just replace "he loves me / he loves me not" with the Clash refrain of "should I stay or should I go now..." Some days I'm fine with it and some days I feel half-deranged.

B's revelation of the day: Fairies are really small. They're even smaller than germs.

No comments: