23 October, 2005

At least they do yoga before the bloodbath!

I read an interesting article last week about children's tendency to reflect parental actions during pretend play. The author cited an incedent where two children playing "store" with dolls sold each other cigarettes with a clap on the back and a hearty "Smoke up, baby!"

I was just evesdropping on S and B who are deep in the middle of a party with their ninjas. They were serving each other non-alcoholic champagne. Then they all did some yoga and read a "long, quiet" story to each other. I have to admit it was a strange scenario, but congratulated myself on the strong moral values that we are obviously instilling in our offspring.

Before I knew what was happening, however, the ninjas all donned armor and killed each other...

No comments: