20 July, 2007

I'm off!

Am off to Hamburg for the weekend to see the Dalai Lama!

Have been getting some very strange reactions when I tell people where I'm going. One neighbor said:

"Yeah, well, see him while you can. He's getting up there in years and you never know when he'll kick the bucket." (I almost kicked her bucket!)

And another one said:

"Yeah. Well, he was in Maui once while I was there and I'll never forget it. There are some real interesting characters who go to hear him speak." (and this from an interesting character himself!)

But no matter-- I'm really, really (really REALLY) looking forward to this seminar. There are very few human beings who are as charismatic as he is, and at least he's using his powers for good rather than evil! ;-) (which is more than I can say for our president...)

Anyway, back in a few days.

Happy weekend!

2 comments:

africakidandtheworld said...

Enjoy! And blog about what you hear. I'm curious.

Anonymous said...

One day he will kick the bucket.