14 June, 2006

Hey, if pumpkins can turn into coaches...

We were late this morning (so what else is new) and I was racing around like a half-dressed chicken with its head cut off. And as I sped past my room I saw the dog and the cat huddled around a brown blob on the carpet.

Great, just what I need, another pile of excrement to clean up. Real or fake, I'm getting a little tired of being on poop duty lately.

But then the poop fluttered.

And upon closer inspection I saw that it was actually a baby bird! Which Catbert had apparently dragged in and dropped when Dogbert interrupted her!

I was so afraid she'd mortally wounded it-- picked it up gently and took it outside with the boys in tow. I could feel it quivering in my hands.

We got outside and I opened up my hands and it flew away-- a magical Hollywood moment in the midst of an otherwise mundane morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so weird! If Catbert had intended to kill it he/she could've before bringing it in. If Dogbert had intended to punish Catbert or take part in the hunt, what were they doing huddling around it like that? I've heard cats will bring you food, usually slaughtered, when they love you. Maybe Catbert was teaching Dogbert (or you) to hunt?