18 June, 2006

Ode to Me

S and B dedicated some time at breakfast this morning to sing my praises:

B: Mama is the best mama in the WHOLE world!
S: Yeah, what if we had a different mama?
B: (frowns)
S: And she blindfolded us and made us sit on a bench!
B: Oh NO! And then we couldn't walk around because we might bump into things or fall down!
That would be dangerous!
S: Or if a bird flew down and pecked through the blindfold and ate our eyeballs!
B: OH YEAH!!!

Who am I to argue with that kind of logic?!

2 comments:

africakidandtheworld said...

Out of the mouths of babes...Seriously, your two boys crack me up! Did they dream up any other scenarios later on? BTW, glad you got to spend time with one of your good friends too!

butterfly cocoon said...

I loved that. My son tells me that if he were to have been born to a different mommy, he would run away from her to be with me.
This makes me happy, smile, thrilled, scared (what if he decides this about someone else :?
giggly about his logic and that lack of my ability to sort it out for him. Aren't they just delicious, these moments?!