03 December, 2005

Pressure cooker

The tension level at work is out of control lately. Yesterday I had (at least) one person hyperventilating at my desk! (and it wasn't me!) I might have to find a kevlar suit -- next week I've got to ask for two days off to go have a look around Stuttgart.

We're getting closer to the deadline and still haven't been able to make a decision. (It's hard to decide something when the goal posts keep getting shifted, hidden, sold for scrap...)

M is still negotiating salary, among other things. We've been going over spread sheets ad infinitum to play out different scenarios. I really hate having to think too much about money. Confided to CH that sometimes I wish I lived in a society where we could pay for everything in livestock. It just seems so much more straightforward to me!

But then she reminded me that in those societies I'd have to share my husband with three other women and feed and clothe their children...

No comments: