22 December, 2005

Good wine and a new gadget

Am feeling a lot better today. Turned in my three-months'-notice this morning, and as CH has said, it's nice that we've received closure before the end of the year.

M and I received a good bottle of Medoc as a gift a few months ago and decided to save it for the day we made this decision. That day has passed in a haze that was (unfortunately) not alcohol induced, but we've bounced back and I think we're going to open it this evening.

Was interested to read more about the chateau it comes from and just did a search on Altavista. Unfortunately failed on that front, but found a fantastic gadget called Babel Fish. If your Altavista search pulls up websites in a foreign language you can just click on a "translate" link at the end of the entry and Babel Fish automatically translates the web pages for you!

I've had a lot of fun playing around with it! And am so grateful that I don't have to physically insert this Babel Fish in my ear like you have to do in Douglas Adams books. Yech!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS ON GIVING YOUR NOTICE!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was from me, L. by the way...