26 February, 2011

Tagged

Goofball tagged me for a meme and since I'm procrastinating doing laundry and cleaning the bathrooms this morning I'm all over this one! ;-)

Rule #1: the tagged person must write their answers on their blog and replace any question they dislike with a new question they formulated themselves.
Rule # 2: tag 4 people to do this quiz. The tag-ee must state who tagged them.

1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are they members of your family?
Our pets are members of the family, albeit extremely messy ones. Luckily the other members of my family rarely vomit on the carpet or spread around half their body weight in stray hair...

2. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be? To live a long, happy, healthy life.

3. What would you do with a billion dollars?
Travel, make some donations to Doctors Without Borders, Planned Parenthood and NPR and then save whatever's left.

4. What helps pull you out of a bad mood?
SUNSHINE, Long hikes in the country with my dog, laughing at my husband's dry sense of humor.

5. What is your bedtime routine?
I meditate and then do some mindless surfing with M.

6. If you are currently in a relationship, where did you meet your significant other?
On vacation back in 1993. He was my big summer romance! :-)

7. What kind of books do you read?
I'm hit or miss. Can never quite predict what's going to grab me right in that moment. For the past couple of years I've been trying to only read books in German-- friends will recommend a book and I'll buy the German version. That keeps my language skills well-oiled but my head is often in a state of confusion.

8. What is one luxury you allow yourself to indulge in without feeling guilty?
I take M's dress shirts to the cleaners. Life is too short IMHO to iron *anything*.

9. What's your fear?
That something terrible to could happen to M or the kids.

10. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space?
absolutely. I don't eat a lot of junk food in the first place, so it seems like it would be a pretty easy trade-off!

11. What's the first thing you do when you wake up?
Stretch and then feed all the creatures. (Including the human ones)

12. If you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be?
I wish that he loved to cook!

13. If you could pick a new name for yourself what would it be?
Bob.

14. If you had to choose between six months of sun or six months of rain, what would you choose?
I don't think I would survive 6 months of rain.

15. If you could eat only one thing for the next six months what would it be?
Peanut butter sandwiches.

16. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most?
Keeping track of everything so that I can laugh about it all later.

17. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?
Salty. Have never been able to handle sugar so I don't even really know what I'm missing.

18. What items are in your purse right now?
wallet, cupcake-flavored germ gel (thanks Kel!), ChapStick, a pen, old receipts and a bandaid.

19. If you had to choose between vacationing at the beach or in the mountains, where would you go?
The beach. I'm lucky enough to be able to see mountains every so often, but I'm seriously lacking in the beach department.

20. What do you watch on television that you know you shouldn't?
Believe it or not I don't watch TV. We only have basic channels and I haven't ever taken the time to find any shows here that I like. Instead I tend to waste a lot of time watching bad Internet...

I tag the following people who are welcome but in no way obliged to do this meme:
Kenico
Mausi
Chui Hsia
Astrid

1 comment:

Goofball said...

"luckily the others rarely vomit on the carpit". SNORT, you are so funny BOB