22 March, 2007

Nipped that rumor in the bud. (for now)

S and B were chatting amiably at dinner the other night. Somehow the subject turned to teeth and S suddenly interjected:

"The tooth fairy isn't real, you know. When we're asleep Mommy and Daddy come in and put that money under our pillows."

I called his bluff: "I'd be careful about saying things like that. She might think you don't believe in her and stop bringing you money."

His eyes got really big and he went silently back to his meal...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I BELIEVE!!! I BELIEVE!!!

QUESTION: ANY CHANCE SAID FAIRY WILL PAY FOR THE ROOT CANAL THE DENTIST INSISTED WAS NECESSARY SHORTLY BEFORE THE TOOTH FELL OUT ANYWAY? WHAT ABOUT COMPENSATION FOR PAIN AND SUFFERING?

A SENIOR CITIZEN WANTS TO KNOW...

R. Duckie said...

How cute!!! That will keep him thinking for awhile. When I got my wisdom teeth out in January I was wondering if she would come round..

africakidandtheworld said...

Unfortunately, at our house, the tooth fairy often forgot to visit the first night...and we came up with various reasons for the fairy's delay. Maybe she suffers from chronic fatigue?

Betsy said...

Stacey: And, did she?

Lauri: Did they buy it?