09 August, 2006

Umm, yes! We all do this in America!

B pulled a frond out of a bouquet of flowers at home yesterday and tied it around his forehead a la Olivia Newton John circa 1982. (this was just before he busted some moves to show me his "cool dancing". Hilarious!)

And this morning he insisted on wearing his leafy headgear to school. I finally convinced him that sporting it pulled over his eyes was downright dangerous, but could not get him to actually take it off.

When I asked him why he was wearing it he whispered conspiratorially that it was a disguise and that he's been thinking about shaving his head as well so that no one will recognize him. (???!!!)

If he hadn't been so cheerful when he said it I might worry, but he seems to be pretty comfortable in his own skin lately so I'm going to let it slide.

I do wonder, though, how he explained his "costume" to the kindergarten teachers. As far as I know B and S are their only contact with American children and I can just imagine the kind of stories they must tell their families every evening: "Did you KNOW that Americans burp after every snack!? It's really gross, but I guess it's their way of saying that they enjoyed their meal! They really are a very strange folk!"

1 comment:

RLB said...

OH, Lordy! Did you ever imagine that YOU (and your children!!!) would literally be ambassadors??? The world could literally hang in the balance of your imbalance!

;)