14 August, 2006

Aaaaaah, vacation!

Does this man look relaxed?! M is on vacation for a couple of weeks. And kindergarten is going so well for the kids that we decided to stay here this week and explore the area by bike in the mornings.

And of course it's raining. and 12 degrees celsius.

My face hurts. My sides hurt. Even my eyes hurt from laughing so hard today. (And I wasn't always laughing with him...)

We got back soaking wet and covered in mud and then picked up the kids-- after lunch we all played a marathon session of Aggravation. (Whoever thought up that name was a frigging GENIUS because it's got to be the most annoying boardgame on earth!) And again I laughed and laughed and laughed. His good-natured grumbling was hilarious!

M has now escaped with the excuse that he's returning some videos to the rental place but I'm wondering if that's like the old stories where the husband nips out for a pack of cigarettes and never returns... I hope not. I'm enjoying the comic relief!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Gotta love the "little boy with a 5 o'clock shadow" pout! I have one like that at home too. And yeah -- sometimes "aggrivation" is just so damn descriptive... but then they give us that pout-thing (that you caught so well on "film") and we can only laugh.

Hope he's back soon!

Carol

africakidandtheworld said...

That's quite a stylish mud-stripe on the red coat...

Betsy said...

:-D Sexy, huh?!