07 August, 2006

I'm baaaaaaaaaack!

Am loving our wireless connection-- am blogging from a lawnchair on the sidewalk in front of our house while the kids bicycle up and down the street. Have been getting some VERY strange looks from people driving by, but the boys are still too small to be out front alone and I am too comfortable to move. (Plus, I've got a reputation to keep up as the local eccentric / village idiot)....

We're back from our whirlwind tour of the Benelux. Spent a lot of time in the car but it was nice to see family and old friends. It hit me how much I miss being in a comfort zone / familiar environment. But I also realized how much I like it here so far, and it's good to be back!

Don't have a lot to say this afternoon so I've been mining funny video links. Davezilla posted a link to this horrific video from David Hasselhoff who is very popular here in Germany for some reason. Someone down the street even has his name in HUGE font across the rear window of her car! Very bizarre...

3 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Betsy. I've been enjoying your blog lately, but posting that link to that David Hasselhoff video was just plain CRUEL! What DO Germans see in the guy... or do they just like his last name?

Carol

Betsy said...

Sorry! Guess I should have included a disclaimer, or something! ;-) It's so repulsive it might actually be classified as a health hazard. I think it's a parody, but with him you never know....

Anonymous said...

Oh that's right! You're in the land where he's worshipped as demi-god! Too funny. I'm actually scared to even watch that video.

L