28 April, 2006

For sale. (Tasteful floor coverings included.)

We've put the house up for sale-- had our first couple of visitors today and are hoping we'll be able to sell it quickly. I've been slaving away to clean it up so that it's ready to show to potential buyers. I hardly recognize it now without the dust bunny ecosystems and the layer of small sticky fingerprints that usually cover all the windows.

It's so funny how personally you can end up taking your living space. Almost like it's a reflection of your personality, your soul.

Just overheard someone make a nasty comment to the realtor about our carpets upstairs. And it's true, they're horrific-- they're original 1970's trash kitch and I probably wouldn't even line a birdcage with them; they're that bad!

But I heard him snicker, and for some reason felt offended. Like he was making jokes at the expense of a relative, or something-- I was ready to invite him to step outside!

What do you mean you think the brown and orange leaf pattern is busy?! Did I actually hear you say the word "ugly"? THAT'S IT, BUDDY! YOU AND ME, OUTSIDE! RIGHT NOW!

Dude needs to learn to appreciate "vintage" when he sees it! ;-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe it's a good sign when they snicker because it means they are imagining what they would change if they owned the house. Apparently, picturing your stuff in the house means that you really like it! Good luck with the sale!

Betsy said...

True. And the carpet really is awful-- it's definitely been right up there on our list of things to change if we had stayed here.

It just surprised me that I had that split second when I thought "HEY!!!"

In spite of the headaches we've had with all the renovations it really is a great house. Maybe you and Er are in the market for something new? I know how much you would enjoy my neighbors...

Unknown said...

In our dreams :D