28 August, 2011

Hustlin'

We’re back in the Provence; this time I’m camping with the kids and Michiel’s parents. I wanted to jump on Internet to fart around follow intellectual pursuits. The campground has a wifi router and guests can buy access in increments of 1 hour, 1 day, etc.

I just told the woman at reception that I’d like to buy 24 hour access. She handed me a card with the rates printed on it and said that I can just buy it directly over Internet. (Right, like I’m about to give my credit card information over a public server!) Knowing it's also possible to pay with cash, I smiled sweetly, waved 10 Euros at her and said in my very best French:

Mais non, je préfére acheter vous! ( Which means approximately: No thanks, I’d rather buy you.)

Niiiiiiiiiiccccceee. I haven’t even been here 24 hours and I’m already puttin’ the moves on the staff!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I think all universities should list a sense of humor as a prerequisite for learning another language! I hope you're having fun with your perhaps immorally bought farting-around time!