12 September, 2005

Monster is *not* the tooth fairy!

S and B were having a very deep discussion this morning over breakfast:

S: I miss Monster (our cat), but he's dead.
B: The tooth fairy has a stick, and if she died she could tover herself back to life again
S: Yes, but Monster is *not* the tooth fairy.


Indeed. And I'm reminded that I'm not either-- what I wouldn't give for a magic wand these days! S is still extremely nervous about school. This manifests itself in a lot of Jekyll/ Hyde moments. He's such a perfectionist and is so sensitive-- and he's so worried about doing anything that might set him apart from everyone else. Am trying not to think about how he's going to deal with the transition if he has to change schools...

Coen and Annemarie visited this weekend, which was a lot of fun. Stijn is growing so fast and he's fascinated by his cousins! I'm afraid that he's going to be taking back some souveniers from Brussels: S and B were giving him expert lessons in sofa-jumping and reckless tricycle riding.

M took apart the voyager this weekend to remove the towing hook. I guess I don't even have to tell you how cool the kids thought this was!

No comments: