19 January, 2011

Child for sale. going cheap,

Me: I've got a surprise for you guys, but you've got to finish your homework before you can have it.

B: What's the surprise?

Me: I'm not going to tell you. Please finish your homework.

B: What's the surprise? What's the surprise? What's the surprise? What's the surprise? What's the surprise? What's the surprise? What's the surprise? What's the surprise?

Me: B, that's really annoying. If you keep that up you're going to lose the surprise.

B: I know! See, the trick is to be annoying right up until the moment before I lose the surprise. Then I have fun AND I still get the reward. I'm really good at that.

7 comments:

Goofball said...

you do realise that if you put something up for sale that the offer should be somehow attractive, right, in order to be succesful?

Betsy said...

Hmm. You're right. OK, how bout this: I'll pay you 100 Euros to take him off of my hands!

Unknown said...

Are you kidding? That IS attractive. Your kid knows how to 1.stop being annoying and 2. be funny. With my kid we would go from annoying to losing the surprise to SCREAMING. How many years till I get to the part where she stops being annoying then cracks a joke?

Betsy said...

That's true-- this was kind of funny. (if maybe also annoying just because it was so cheeky)

I'm really noticing that our family dynamic is changing lately. Parenting tweens is a weird and wonderful thing... :-)

Kelly said...

See? This is what happens when you have smart kids.

Betsy said...

So I guess I should just be thankful that I don't have a smart dog as well?

Kelly said...

Eesh, that could be scary! A dog with a brain?!