20 November, 2009

Good lord!

Throughout the course of today I have:
  • hauled myself to the bakery at the crack of dawn to pick up supplies that were ordered for a class field trip (*M was reading this over my shoulder and reminded me that I actually got there 1 1/2 hours BEFORE the crack of dawn. ;-) )
  • hiked 5k
  • somehow survived a grueling 1 1/2 hour yoga class
  • comforted a 1,000 year old woman at the nursing home and let her cry into my sweater
  • grabbed a shovel and plastic bag and followed the boys down the street to pick up someone's pet cat who'd been killed by a car
  • practiced handstands with S
  • learned how radio frequencies are transmitted at the Kinder Uni in Stuttgart
  • raced to school to bring books to a certain child who forgot them thereby heading off unmitigated disaster
  • taken that VERY SAME CHILD after school to a friend's house to pick up a copy of the weekend homework, thereby heading off unmitigated disaster
  • done laundry, cooked meals and oohed and aahed over a new rocket car design that this same sweet child thought up all by himself. (it had very nice mirrors!)
And now I am pooped and am ready to fall comatose on the couch.

Happy weekend, everybody!

4 comments:

Goofball said...

happy weekend to you too :)

christina said...

And they say stay-at-home-moms have it easy! You're my hero. :-)

Astrid said...

Are you superwoman??! And can you teach me how to be one? :)

anno said...

Whew! Just reading this makes me wish for a long, hot bath, a good book, and a large pot of hot tea. Hope you enjoyed all your favorite forms of relaxation this weekend!